Work at IFFO
IFFO has an international team who work across three offices in London, Lima and Beijing. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about recruitment or to apply for an available position.
Current positions available
Responsible for managing the delivery of regulatory and legislative information to IFFO members, project management of IFFO technical projects, and supporting the IFFO Technical Director in the delivery of the technical department’s objectives. Based at the IFFO Head Office in London. The position offers variety, some international travel and being part of a small, flexible team within a successful and respected organisation.
Reports to: Technical Director
Liaison with: IFFO team, IFFO members, third parties and general public
Line Management: none
Main tasks of job:
- Detailed understanding of the legislative and regulatory issues of relevance to the IFFO membership, including the fishmeal and fish oil industries, and the aquafeed and animal feed industries. Maintain an awareness of proposed legislative changes. Have the ability to conduct regulatory impact assessments and be able to communicate clearly their potential impact on the industry. Of particular importance are regulatory frameworks such as Codex, EU, IMO, and national governments relevant to the IFFO membership.
- Establish a network of contacts within the IFFO membership, and externally, in order to retrieve and communicate information that will support IFFO members’ businesses.
- Represent IFFO in external fora, across a diverse range of subjects that are relevant to the sector.
- Support the Technical Director in the delivery of services to members relating to nutritional and production related information, regulatory controls in main markets, standards and certification.
- Support the Technical Director in the management of IFFO technical projects, monitoring, reviewing and reporting on delivery. The Technical Manager will hold responsibility for the delivery of specific projects.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by organisational needs and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Ideally, candidates are expected to hold approximately 10 years’ experience in relevant roles supporting the skills described. A UK work permit is essential as the job will be based in the IFFO London office. Evidence of good report writing, public speaking and scientific skills is necessary as these are core skills for the position. Experience of working internationally in similar roles will be viewed advantageously.
- 10 years or more experience in fishing, aquaculture, aquafeed or animal feed industries
- Understanding of fishery management, environmental NGO’s and sustainability trends
- Ability to communicate clearly and to present information clearly and concisely
- Provide evidence of technical report writing to a high standard
- Ability to work within small teams
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
The position is full time and permanent.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org