Work at IFFO
IFFO is an international trade organisation that represents and promotes member companies in the fishmeal and fish oil industry worldwide. Enjoying global respect and recognition, we represent our members at all relevant international forums, including holding observer status at the UN Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the EU Commission and Parliament and work with leading NGOs in responsible management of fisheries.
Acting on behalf of the fishmeal and fish oil producers and their trade associates, IFFO works to strengthen the global standing of the industry, while supporting responsible supply worldwide. With a network reaching across 55 countries, our members account for over 60% of world production and 80% of the fishmeal and fish oil traded worldwide. Although our core products are fish meal and fish oil, we are cognizant of similar emerging products from the marine environment and consider these to be relevant to our scope. Our members are producers as well as traders, feed companies, edible oil refiners, retailers, financial institutions, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
China Market Analyst
Of a financially strong, globally respected company that celebrated its 60th anniversary last year and who has its official presence in China for 11 years.
Company: IFFO 2012 Limited China Representative Office (www.iffo.net)
Working Location: Xuanwumenwai Street, Beijing
Desirable Starting Date: 1st July 2020
Duration Appointment: indefinite, subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Permanent position, reporting to the IFFO China Director
- Follow the latest development of market and regulatory trends in the fishmeal and fish oil and other marine ingredients industry of China and of other targeted Asian markets by means of both desk and field research
- Provide regular market and regulatory analysis reports in English for global IFFO member clients (such as independent statistics on China production, imports and stocks at ports; independent analysis on China demand including but not limited to aquaculture seasons, pig market, pet food market, weather implications, etc.) as well as reply IFFO member clients’ ad hoc enquiries in English
- Promote IFFO and IFFO member clients in the market and recruit new IFFO member clients among targeted Chinese/Asian industry audience by means of outcalls and public presentations
- Support Senior Managers of IFFO for seminars/ meetings/ conferences that may be held in or outside China
- Other tasks assigned by the China Director
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Chinese nationality and has a permanent residence in Beijing
- At least two to three years of working experience, preferably in soft commodities background
- University graduate, preferably post-graduate degree, majored in economics or agricultural economics or other relevant majors
- Excellent reading/ writing/ speaking in English (no less than IELTS 7.0/ TOEFL 95/ TEM 8)- this will be tested during the interview
- Excellent market analysis and reporting ability
- Good communication and networking skills, also in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deliver presentations in public
- Advanced knowledge of computer software, Microsoft Office programs, and electronic filing protocols- this will be tested
- Responsible, action proactive and detail oriented
- Reliable team player and highly self-motivated
Please send your CVs (Chinese and English) with covering letter to email@example.com . We are seeking high-quality applications to establish a shortlist for further interviews.
For more information, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at IFFO - The Marine Ingredients Organisation.