IFFO is an international trade organisation that represents and promotes member companies in the fishmeal and fish oil industry worldwide. Enjoying global respect and recognition, we represent our members at all relevant international forums, including holding observer status at the UN Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the EU Commission and Parliament and work with leading NGOs in responsible management of fisheries.
Acting on behalf of the fishmeal and fish oil producers and their trade associates, IFFO works to strengthen the global standing of the industry, while supporting responsible supply worldwide. With a network reaching across 55 countries, our members account for over 60% of world production and 80% of the fishmeal and fish oil traded worldwide. Although our core products are fish meal and fish oil, we are cognizant of similar emerging products from the marine environment and consider these to be relevant to our scope. Our members are producers as well as traders, feed companies, edible oil refiners, retailers, financial institutions, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
IFFO, the global trade organisation for the marine ingredients industry, is looking for a dynamic and strategic Technical Director. IFFO is a respected, constructive and proactive partner representing members to raise standards of responsibility and nutrition in the global marine ingredients industry. IFFO has its head office in London with offices in Lima, Peru and Beijing, China.
You will work with our Senior Management Team implementing IFFO’s corporate strategy and exiting new engagements with members and stakeholders globally. You will be an important advocate for the development of our organisation and the Marine Ingredients industry.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assessing technical developments and policy landscape to provide insightful analysis to IFFO Members and the Senior Management Team
- Initiating relevant projects with research institutions
- Identifying opportunities to advocate policy recommendations and provide scientific insights on the industry
- Providing expert advice to IFFO Members on animal nutrition, food and feed safety, relevant regulation and policy
- Representing IFFO Members through speaking at conferences worldwide, attending industry and regulatory meetings and hosting technical discussions with IFFO members and stakeholders
- Responding to media enquiries relating to food and feed safety, environmental standards and fishery management
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of ten years experience in aquaculture, the animal feed industry or equivalent
- Have a knowledge in fisheries management
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to lead a customer-focussed strategy and contribute to IFFO’s Senior Management Team
- Have track record of working with high-level government, industry and other policy stakeholders
- Have the gravitas to represent the organisation and engage meaningfully with stakeholders on technical and regulatory topics
- Be able to adapt their style to different audiences and appreciate the importance of various communications techniques and platforms
Based at the IFFO Head Office in London, with potential for home working, and reporting to the Director General, the position offers a competitive reward package, variety, worldwide travel and being part of a small, flexible team within a successful, well established and respected organisation.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please provide a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining why you think you have the skills for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, please contact Director General, Petter M. Johannessen or Technical Director, Neil Auchterlonie (+44 2030 539 195).